3 Secrets to Stop Emotional Eating & Start Losing Weight Today




Hi beautiful friends,

I've been thinking a lot this week about you.

I've been thinking about the heavy feeling (often guilt & shame) you carry when your brains are beating you up for not figuring out how to lose weight.

I see you. I hear you. I feel you. I've been there.

And this is totally solve-able.

You can do this.



Here are 3 Secrets to Stop Emotional Eating & Start Losing Weight Today.



SECRET 1: START WITH COMPASSION FOR OURSELVES

We start with compassion in looking at ourselves & where we are at. Compassion may sound like a fluffy word to some, but it is crucial. 

We will NEVER create lasting change by beating ourselves up. We cannot beat or shame ourselves into lasting change.
It's just not how the brain works.

We have to choose to look at our behaviors and our thoughts as data. 

I invite you to take a look from the outside of your own brain and just say, isn't this interesting. What can I learn? What patterns do I see?

What if all of my behaviors around food were not because something was wrong with me, or because I'm worthless or don't deserve it, what if all my behaviors were really just because I have a human brain & this is how it's wired to automatically deal with emotions.


SECRET: 2: WHEN IT'S HARD TO ACCESS COMPASSION, UNDERSTAND IT ISN'T PERSONAL

The brain is wired to look out for danger and this sounds like negativity in our minds.

The thing is, you don't have to believe it.

When you hear negative thoughts in your mind as you think about working to be compassionate, just expect them & you can re-direct them.

It can sound like this: OK, Candy said I'm supposed to be compassionate, but my brain says, I'm a ________(insert the most common thing your brain calls you here) and it's so hard, I can't do it.

So, this is what you start to practice saying instead: I hear you, you are just looking to the past to see if I've done this before & I know you create fear when it seems new and or hard and that's all OK, I'm choosing to say, this is interesting data. I'm choosing to say, I'm going to figure this out. I'm choosing to believe that I can understand my brain to make long-lasting change. I'm choosing to make it mean I just have a human brain.


SECRET 3: STOP SNACKING

I'm not going to beat around the bush with this one.  

Our culture & society has gotten into the habit of snacking. 

It's one of the biggest things that is puts the weight on and keeps it on.

Eating often (especially sugar & flour) throws our hunger hormones out of whack. (See Dr. Jason Fung's The Obesity Code).

It's spiked insulin that causes all the weight to continue to be stored.

And when we eat & snack all day, the insulin never has a moment to go down. When insulin doesn't go down, our bodies store the extra food energy as fat.

This is why snacking is NOT the answer. 

This is why going longer between meals to let our bodies actually use the energy it has stored on our bodies is the answer.

It's how our brains and bodies are wired.

Nothing's gone wrong.

When we stop snacking get a toolbox to manage our emotions and the change our neural conditioning around food, this is when the magic can start to happen and the pounds start to come off.

We need both. We need mind, emotion & neural conditioning tools & we need tools to understand what & how foods affect our bodies.

It's so simple. 

It's not supposed to be easy.

But it can be a lot easier than we think it can be.

It's totally possible!!

Have a super weekend!!

Love & hugs, 

Candy


P.S. If you'd like to check out my new FREE GUIDE to Stop Emotional Overeating Today,

Click here below!


And if you'd like more help to really get this process started, schedule your free coaching consult with me today now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Stop the Lies Your Brain Tells You About Weight-Loss

3 TOP TIPS TO BREAK THROUGH WEIGHT-LOSS PLATEAUS

EMOTIONAL BRAIN DRAMA AROUND FOOD IS LIKE AN MMA FIGHT INSIDE YOUR BRAIN WITH ITSELF.